Join the EV revolution
Electric Miles is a cleantech company developing the world’s most intelligent Internet of Energy (IoE) electric vehicle charging solution. We connect EV and home batteries with the best computer intelligence to help users save energy costs, be more efficient, and reduce overall energy.
Why join the fastest growing EV startup?
Motoring is on the verge of a massive transformation.
By 2030 it’s estimated that there will be nine million electric vehicles –EVs on the UK’s roads. Charging them will put a significant strain on the National Grid
It’s predicted peak demand will increase by about a third. It’s critical we manage EV charging to protect the Grid from an electricity crisis.
From June 2022, the UK government has mandated that every charger sold must be Smart and pre-set to not charge at peak time, Charger Manufacturers will have to comply or face hefty fines. In the midst of this change – the EV driver is left confused, inundated with apps that still don’t fundamentally solve their problem.
Electric Miles is uniquely positioned to take advantage of this revolution. Come join us to solve one of the greatest challenges this decade. We have signed contracts for over 50,000 chargers on our platform in the next 3 years. We have a great team of 15 with vast experience and expertise in Energy, Software, and Venture Building. We are a member of the government’s EV task force and we won an award for being the most innovative EV product in the UK. As a result, we are in a great place to be the leader in SMART charging and Grid flexibility Management not just in the UK but across the world.
We recently closed our Seed funding round with 3 rounds previously closed and have growth projections to have 500k users globally to help scale EV charging.
Senior Frontend Engineer
We’re looking for a Frontend developer to help us work on our React based mobile app to deliver the future of Smart, Intelligent EV charging.
We’re building a supportive, inquisitive team who enjoy solving problems in a customer and product focussed way
You will be:
- Develop application along with writing tests for our Smart EV mobile app
- Keep track or and ensure compliance with industry specifications and standards such as Oauth
- Enjoy working in a cross-functional agile team, and take part in our process improvement
- We’re a devops culture, so help us maintain our CI infrastructure and build for observability and resilience.
- Triage and troubleshoot operational and customer issues
- Collaborate with the production support team for release and maintenance of the applications
- Work closely with the other developers and solution architects in determining and following best development and architecture practice
- Propose and provide feedback from experience/knowledge on architecture, design and technology choices for the banks platforms
- Propose and provide feedback on implementation plans, and technology direction of the platform
- Participate actively in collaborative team meetings and voice opinions
- Maintain and further improve the quality of deliveries and secure iterations
- Continuously improve the methods used
Ideally, you will have:
- Expert in React Native development for iOS and Android with proven experience of over 5 years in implementation and delivery.
- Expert in HTML React web development
- Strong knowledge of the release process of mobile application
- Strong knowledge of the testing process of mobile application
- Proven experience in technology, especially with the analysis, design, development and implementation of complex critical systems
- A solid academic background preferably in engineering, sciences or economics
- Experience working with cross-functional and distributed teams
- Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, design patterns etc.
- Experience in project and/or agile planning of project and development deliverables
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platform using serverless and containers like Lambda/Serverless, API
- Gateways and ECS or Docker is a big plus
- Working with Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Quality and testing initiatives such as Unit testing, TDD and BDD and associated frameworks like Cucumber IoT or Connected Device experience
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
From us, you’ll get
- Market rate start-up salary (with review as the company grows)
- Pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Discretionary performance bonus (up to 10%)
- Employee Equity Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off
To apply for this role simply e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org