Join the EV revolution
Electric Miles is a cleantech company developing the world’s most intelligent Internet of Energy (IoE) electric vehicle charging solution. We connect EV and home batteries with the best computer intelligence to help users save energy costs, be more efficient, and reduce overall energy.
Why join the fastest growing EV startup?
Motoring is on the verge of a massive transformation.
By 2030 it’s estimated that there will be nine million electric vehicles –EVs on the UK’s roads. Charging them will put a significant strain on the National Grid
It’s predicted peak demand will increase by about a third. It’s critical we manage EV charging to protect the Grid from an electricity crisis.
From June 2022, the UK government has mandated that every charger sold must be Smart and pre-set to not charge at peak time, Charger Manufacturers will have to comply or face hefty fines. In the midst of this change – the EV driver is left confused, inundated with apps that still don’t fundamentally solve their problem.
Electric Miles is uniquely positioned to take advantage of this revolution. Come join us to solve one of the greatest challenges this decade. We have signed contracts for over 50,000 chargers on our platform in the next 3 years. We have a great team of 15 with vast experience and expertise in Energy, Software, and Venture Building. We are a member of the government’s EV task force and we won an award for being the most innovative EV product in the UK. As a result, we are in a great place to be the leader in SMART charging and Grid flexibility Management not just in the UK but across the world.
We recently closed our Seed funding round with 3 rounds previously closed and have growth projections to have 500k users globally to help scale EV charging.
Electric Miles is looking for a UK-based Marketing Executive who will facilitate and manage our brand, marketing strategy and roadmap across social media, our website, events, PR and partner channels. The role will have a specific focus at least initially on content, PR and social media marketing. You will create captivating and engaging content to drive awareness, sales, and expansion of our products and services. The role has a wide remit with B2C activities targeting electric vehicle drivers (social media, website), B2B focused on our business customers (events, LinkedIn, lead generation, PR) and B2B2C working through our partners to target drivers (content, collateral).
We’re building a supportive, inquisitive team who enjoy understanding pain points and solving problems in a customer and product focussed way. We are a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams globally to design, build and roll out products customers love. We are looking for a new member of our team who can plan, manage and successfully deliver projects to time, quality and budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of internal team members, third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects in line with our company goals. You will work closely with the Head of Growth and Leadership team to help build the brand for Electric Miles. You will help create and manage the voice and public-face of our brand for an exciting startup in the high growth phase.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and enthusiasm for the future of e-mobility, you will find a home at Electric Miles. Because to create products that serve everyone, we believe in including everyone.
You will be:
- Developing a cross-platform social media and content strategy for our B2C app for EV drivers and B2B products with the aim of increasing brand awareness, customer engagement and ultimately user growth
- Creating captivating content across our social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn, which may include writing blogs, articles, posts, images and videos
- Managing website content and ensuring it’s up to date and reflective of our proposition
- Managing and overseeing campaigns and webinars to draw attention to a brand
- Producing content and collateral for use through our B2B2C partner channels
- Write Product Marketing blogs and translate the product stories and technology success in easy to understand language.
- Create and push PR stories into the market to media and through our partner channels
- Managing outsourced resources as required e.g. writers, graphic designers, videographers, etc.
- Planning and managing our presence at trade events and conferences
- Working with internal teams and subject matter experts eg Product team, Growth team to create a holistic and effective media and content marketing strategy
- Working with customers and partners to promote the Electric Miles brand via their channels (B2B2C)
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas.
- Monitoring and responding to customer feedback, comments and social media posts
- Working with the Support team to understand user mindset, issues and pain-points in order to be able to aid creating compelling content.
- Help respond to Support email enquiries and be able to cover team holidays on occasion
- Setting measurable goals for campaigns, measuring and showing the Return on Investment (ROI)
- Analysing performance and collating quarterly reports outlining any necessary changes to the overall digital marketing plan
- Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Monitoring competitors and disseminating relevant insights internally
- Staying up-to-date with the latest social media trends and digital technologies
Ideally, you will have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creativity and the ability to develop original and engaging content
- Creative, proactive, energetic, detail-oriented, and analytic skills.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems
- Experience with social media management
- Interest in the overall EV market, Energy space, and Mobility.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to form relationships with influencers and other key players
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Marketing-related degree or equivalent
From us, you’ll get
- Market rate start-up salary (with review as the company grows)
- Pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Discretionary performance bonus (up to 10%)
- Employee Equity Scheme
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off
We offer flexibility in where you work, choose between our London office or hybrid working and we’ll make sure you are set up for working success.
To apply for this role simply e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org